How can the microFIT program benefit me ?
Sample Calculation 1
$18,500 installed 5.6 kW MicroFIT Solar PV Rooftop system based on an annual average of 1200 kWh/kW of solar PV (source: RETScreen; Natural Resources Canada);
1. 5.6 kW x .9 (10% de-rate factor)* = 5 kW
2. 5 kW x 1200 kWh/kW = 6,000 kWh/yr.
3. 6,000 kWh/yr. x 38.4 cents/kWh** = $2,304 annual income ($192 avg/month).
$46,080 income over 20 years
Return On Investment (ROI) and Payback;
1. $18,500 investment / $2,304 annual income = 8 years payback
(12 years profit/equity)
2. $2,304 / $18,500 = 0.12 or 12% ROI !
3. Installed system cost: $3.30 per watt + HST
(Can be less depending on market prices).
* De-rate factor compensates for system inefficiencies, non peak operation and module degradation.
** Rooftop solar PV microFIT incentive rate for 2015.
Please note: We are not representing ourselves as accountants or investment analysts. This calculation is a conservative estimate and actual figures will vary depending on size and type of system. Other contributing factors will determine exact ROI and payback results. All figures used in these calculations are based on estimated rates and costs not including tax. However, we strongly suggest that you personally consult with a certified accountant, investment representative or tax specialist of your choosing to get a detailed analysis on your own rate of return.
Click here for solar PV Questions and Answers OR Contact Us for a FREE, no obligation quotation. Local: 519-747-2288, Toll Free: 1-888-747-2288